Performance – Generations Ahead
For more than 90 years, Great Lakes Hybrids has been a seed-only company focused on supplying the genetic and service needs of our customers.
Today, with AgReliant Genetics’ breeding program and a revolutionary new doubled-haploid breeding process, Great Lakes stands ready to meet the emerging needs of farmers in a way that no other seed company can.
- The highest winning percentage in the prestigious National Corn Growers Yield Contest (more than 1 out of every 5 GLH entries has won on average)
- 217 National Corn Growers Yield Contest Champions
- 500 F.I.R.S.T. Trial wins
- 3,930 Top-10 finishes in the F.I.R.S.T. Trials
- 17 wins and 178 Top 10s in the 2014 F.I.R.S.T. trials
- 21 wins and 182 Top-10 finishes in the past six years of Soy Capital Corn Trials
- 33 test champions and 216 Top-10 finishes in the Michigan State University Corn Trials in the past four years.
- 74 Wins and 363 Top-10s in the Wisconsin corn trials in the past four years
- View all our Test Plot Data here
- First doubled-haploid hybrids hit the market in 2006
- Fast-track technology produces traited versions of top hybrids up to 70 percent faster than previously available
Unrivaled Genetic Variability
- More than 150,000 new genetic combinations were tested in 2015
- More than 100 new corn hybrids released in past four years
- 19 NEW Corn Brands for spring 2016 showcasing HOT NEW genetics and traits
- New, high-yielding hybrids released with high demand biotech traits faster than competitive companies
- District Sales Manager and agronomist support
- The only major seed company owned by farmers and seedsmen
A New Generation of Breeding
Today, AgReliant is the third-largest corn breeding company in the world, and the largest that is wholly-owned by farmers and seedsmen. We can access proprietary germplasm from a worldwide network of more than 145 breeding stations, research locations, and gene technology labs. And because Great Lakes is independent from any trait supplier, we have the flexibility to combine our best germplasm with the best value-added traits.
In terms of genetics, performance and technological innovation, Great Lakes Hybrids is GENERATIONS AHEAD.